Look what yummy salad I found on Mrs. Buenavida. It contains avocado, which are rich in beta-sitosterol, a substance that has been shown to have a positive effect on your blood cholesterol levels. Plus, one of the best sources of vitamin E is avocado. Lots of people don’t eat them though, because they think there’s too much fat in them. Although, it’s true that avocado is rich in fats, it’s monounsaturated fats… which means good fat!
Recipe after the cut!
- 1 avocado, chopped in chunks
- 1/2 tomatoes, diced (or grape tomatoes quartered)
- 1/2 greens (kale, arugula or spinach), chopped
- 1/2 cooked garbanzo beans (fresh or canned)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Basil Vinaigrette Dressing
- 1/2 clove fresh garlic, optional
- 2 T. raw apple cider vinegar (or any wine vinegar)
- 1/2 T. dijon mustard
- 1/2 T. agave nectar
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1/2 C. fresh basil
How to prepare?
In a mini food processor, run the garlic through. Except for the basil, pulse the remaining dressing ingredients until emulsified (kinda creamy looking). Now, add the basil and pulse a few times leaving the basil a little chunky. In a medium bowl, lightly toss the the veggies in your delicious dressing, salt and pepper and enjoy!