This mango blueberry quinoa salad with lemon-basil dressing looks so good. Fruity salads are my favourites! For dinner I’d add some chicken though. Quinoa is actually very healthy, because it’s very high in protein and has every one of the nine essential amino acids. These nine essential amino acids are the ones that your body cannot synthesize in quantities sufficient to sustain good health, so they need to come from food sources.
Find out how to prepare this salad after the cut.
Mango Blueberry Quinoa Salad with Lemon-Basil Dressing
- Cut the cucumber in cubes the size of blueberries and do the same for the mango. The amount of the cucumber- and mango cubes should be around 1/2 a cup, just like you’ll need 1/2 a cup of blueberries.
- Place 1/2 cup of quinoa and 1 cup water in a medium skillet and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat, and simmer covered for about 15 minutes or till the quinoa is cooked. Remove the lid, and fluff the quinoa with a fork. Let it cool to room temperature.
- Before tossing everything together, add half the dressing (recipe below) to the quinoa and mix gently.
- Assemble the salad just before serving – toss the quinoa, fruits and cucumbers together.
Tip: If you’re gonna make this salad for dinner, I would add approx. 120 gram of cubed chicken breast
For the lemon basil dressing
- 1½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon zest
- 10 Basil leaves, chopped finely
- Salt and pepper
Whisk together all the dressing ingredients, except the chopped basil. Refrigerate till you are ready to serve. Chop and add the basil to the dressing just before serving. If you add it earlier, it will go black.